Texas Child Protection Law Bench Book and Bench Cards
The Texas Child Protection Law Bench Book is available in the following:
- Printable Version (Updated November 2018)
- Online and Interactive
- Available by downloading the mobile application, LawBox:
- Open the LawBox app.
- Select "The Texas Children's Commission".
- Enter "children" for both username and password.
Having trouble? Additional instructions are available at LawBox.
Bench Cards are abbreviated reference cards on specific hearing types and subject matter for quick reference. Extended versions with Family Code citations are also available.
Bench Cards including in the Bench Book:
- At a Glance
- Adversary Hearing
- Status Hearing
- Permanency Hearing Before Final Order
- Final Hearing
- Permanency Hearing After Final Order
- Foster Care and Education
- Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA)
- Medical and Mental Health Care for Foster Youth
- Human Trafficking
- Bench Card to Reduce or Eliminate Disproportionality
- NCJFCJ Courts Catalyzing Change (CCC)
- American Bar Association Judicial Bench Cards for Engaging Youth in the Courtroom:
- Bench Cards for Engaging Young Children (ages 0-12 Months)
- Toddlers (1-3 years) and Preschoolers (3-5 years)
- School-Age Children (5-11 years)
- Adolescents (12-15 years)
- Older Adolescents (16+ years)
To download the Bench Cards, please visit the Bench Book / Bench Cards portion of the Reports and Resources page.